Thursday, May 27, 2010

A bit of Fry and Laurie


One reason I'm not a big fan of House M.D., apart from how bloody predictable it is, (or was, back when I watched it) is that I think Hugh Laurie is absolutely wasted in a dramatic role. I best remember Hugh from his performance as Bertie Wooster opposite Stephen Fry's Jeeves and his Prince George in Blackadder III. Recently I found a treasure trove of clips on YouTube from A Bit of Fry and Laurie, the BBC sketch comedy show Hugh Laurie and Stephen Fry put on in the 90s. You can find all of series 1 and lots of clips from all the other series there as well. Enjoy.


2 comments:

Tom P. said...

I personally think 'House' should've ended after season five. My brother picked up the complete scripts of 'A bit of Fry and Laurie' a few years ago, and it's 'the berries', as the young people say.

Like a lot of people, my first exposure to Hugh Laurie was in 'Blackadder', where he cornered the market on upper-class twits. So it was a little jarring seeing him playing a serious role on American television.

I think we need him to go back to comedy, now...

Lesley Vamos said...

I agree - he was great in Black adder too ^_^

Followers